Painted Console Table

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Alternate Title: Pitiful Wall: Take Two


Say hello to the pop of color my living room has desperately been needing!



Yes, I painted my new console table and I'm finally making some progress on my pitiful wall. Last you saw, the large statement wall in my living room looked like this:



Nothing impressive, but better than the IKEA nightstand that's been there for the last year few months. 



OK, back to my newly painted console table - I ordered the table from Wayfair, but didn't love the black and cherry finish. Mostly because I already have a black dining room table and it's a beast to keep dusted and clean. I started by painting a coat of primer on the table. Then I painted two coats of Lagoon by Martha Stewart - I fell in love with the color after seeing a coat rack painted that color in HGTV magazine.  Finally, I rubbed the table down with some Minwax Wipe-On Poly and replaced the knob with a glass one from Hobby Lobby.



I love it, but I still need to hang artwork and style the table. You'll see that in Pitiful Wall: Take Three, but for now, here's my plan of attack:



So, I definitely have a lot more work to do, but I'm lovin' the progress. The blue table is a lot more welcoming than the nightstand that used to be there. 




10 comments:

  1. I love it in that color!! The "before" looks so similar to what my console table looked like at first too- black with a dark wood top. Not bad but boring. Your's is anything but boring now- such an awesome pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it too. that color rocks and totally transforms that piece. good work Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is fantastic, Sam! I think it really pops and adds some great color to your space. I can't wait to see what else you do with that wall. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color....wow, lots to do. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new color. Can't wait to see it staged. - Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color! I can't wait to see it all decked out! :) I am for baskets in the bottom; I LOVE baskets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great Sam!!! Can't wait to see the whole ensemble!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the table! Love the color! Great job Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely more welcoming! I love the color :) And the glass knob is really pretty too. I'm excited to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! I have dozens of magazine clips and Pinterest pins of painted furniture but have never actually had the guts to do it...but I can't believe how much more expensive and stunning the table looks now. Can't wait to see the rest of the wall evolve into something awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. Please consider following my blog too (if you don't already).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...