I finally finished my gallery wall!
As you all know, I’ve been thrifting frames like a madwoman lately…
Well, I finally found (more than) enough frames for my project.
So, I gutted and numbered all of the frames.
(I numbered the frames and glass pieces to make it easier to match them up after painting)
I primed all of the frames with Krylon Primer.
I started to spray paint them, but I didn’t like the finish. So, I ended up painting them with a brush and black craft paint. That’s old school right there!
I laid the frames out on the floor until I found a design I liked.
Then I cut out newspaper to test the design on the wall.
I hammered some nails and ta-da!
You probably noticed that the S (for Sam) and J (for boyfriend) are different than the S and J from the floor picture. Well, I saw these at Hobby Lobby this weekend and liked them more than the others. Simple as that.
There’s more room to expand on the wall. Someday I’ll start collecting more frames, but for now I’m happy to have something on the walls besides a clock.
So, you might be wondering why I put my boyfriend’s initial up…Because we are moving in together! Yep, my boyfriend is moving in sometime in August. It’s a big step and we’ve both thought about it quite a bit. We decided that we’re ready, so wish us luck!